This Golden Butter Cake is perfect for a quick session in the kitchen and makes a great afternoon tea snack! This is the recipe I used for the Snapchat Ghost Cake I made with Marshmellow Fondant.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 10m
- Category: Sweet Tooth
- 250 grams butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line an 8cm-deep, 19cm (base) square cake pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine. Add half the flour. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar or ice cake as desired. Serve.