This Red Velvet Cupcake recipe can be used for making both cakes or cupcakes. This recipe was so quick and easy. It’s light and fluffy with a soft texture. Super delicious and fun to make!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 12 cupcakes
- Category: Sweet Tooth
- 120 grams Soft Butter
- 300 grams Castor Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 20 grams Cocoa
- 40 milliliters Red Food Colouring
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Vanilla Essence
- 300 grams Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 240 milliliters Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon BiCarb
- 1 tbs White Wine Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (Celsius)
- Cream butter and Sugar in a mixing bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Wait till the eggs are well combined before adding the next.
- Add cocoa, red colour and vanilla to the bowl. Mix till well combined.
- Remember to scrape your bowl a few times while mixing.
- Mix salt with flour, and add the flour to the mixture, alternating with the buttermilk in batches (always start with flour and end with flour)
- Scrape bowl once all flour is mixed, then mix batter till combined properly.
- In a small bowl mix bicarb and vinegar and immediately mix into batter.
- Beat everything on high for about 30 seconds. then turn off.
- Use a spatula to make sure everything is mixed in properly.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 min.