These sugar cookies are so delicious, super quick and simple to make. You’ll definitely be carrying this recipe over into your Christmas cookie baking! They are super quick to bake and I’m a huge fan of simplicity!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Total Time: 18m
- Serves: 2 1/2 dozen
- Category: Sweet Tooth
- 227 grams Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Flavouring (whichever you prefer)
- 2 3/4 cups Flour (all purpose)
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and flavouring into mixture. Ensure that egg is mixed well.
- In a separate bowl sift dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder and salt)
- Add dry ingredients to mixture in stages
- Mix well until dough sticks together
- Allow dough to rest for 5-10 min after mixing
- Roll dough onto parchment paper to about 1-2 cm thick
- Shape cookies with desired cookie cutters.
- Bake at 180 for 7-8 min. If cookies start to brown, you are baking them too long.